- Sorry, this product cannot be purchased.
Upholstery Cleaning Course – NCCA Accepted Training Course
The Cleansmart upholstery cleaning course gives you all the knowledge you need to clean fabrics safely and to a professional standard:
- One day ‘hands-on’ upholstery cleaning course (NCCA Accepted)
- Date: See above
- Time: 8.30am to 5pm
- Trainer: Mr. Derek Bolton
- Venue: Cleansmart, 37 Duke Street, Nottingham NG7 7JN (15 mins from train station)
- Suggested nearby hotel within 5 minutes drive: Best Western Nottingham Westminster
If you offer a professional carpet cleaning service, over 30% of your prospective business can come from cleaning soft furnishing fabrics, curtains and mattresses. If you have a carpet extractor, you probably don’t need any additional equipment to clean upholstery, so offering upholstery cleaning alongside carpet cleaning is a bit of a no brainer.
However, there is a lot more that can go wrong when cleaning soft furnishing fabrics. There are many more different types of fabric, many fabrics contain a mixture of different fibres you’ll need to know about. There are various fabrics that are dry clean only and you need to know how to identify these. We definitely recommend that you do not attempt to clean upholstery without first attending a training course.
The Cleansmart Upholstery Cleaning Course covers:
- Surveying the job
- Fabric Identification
- Fabric construction
- Cleaning chemistry
- What are the risks?
- Common fabric cleaning problems and how to avoid them (dye migration, cellulosic browning etc.)
- High risk fabrics and how to clean them
- Upholstery cleaning methods:
- Wet cleaning method
- Dry cleaning
- Low moisture cleaning
- Low moisture cleaning methods
- Fabric protection treatments
NCCA Accepted Upholstery Cleaning Course
Delegates who have attended both our carpet and upholstery cleaning courses can then take the optional NCCA entrance exam (there is a £30 + VAT admin charge for taking the NCCA exam, the NCCA exam is at the end of the upholstery course day). Pass the exam and you are then eligible to apply to join the NCCA – subject to terms & conditions click here for details.
As with our carpet cleaning course, we also include a ‘hands on’ section on the upholstery cleaning course: Please feel free to bring along a cushion or even a small chair etc. to clean on the day. There is plenty of opportunity to ‘have-a-go’ and try various different types of equipment for yourself if you want to – we don’t keep you sat behind a desk all day!
Training course class sizes are small, with a relaxed and informal atmosphere, and we encourage delegates to ask lots of questions!
- Upholstery Cleaning Course Reference Manual
- Training Course Certificate
- 12 months Free technical support
- Free use of ‘Cleansmart Upholstery Care Technician’ logo*
- Cleansmart Upholstery Technician animated website logo*
- Buffet lunch, coffee/tea served throughout the day
Train with Cleansmart and display the ‘Cleansmart Trained Technician’ logo
* *Delegates who have successfully attended Cleansmart training may use the ‘Cleansmart Trained Technician’ logo as long as the delegate continues to conduct all related business activities in an honest and professional manner. Permission to use Cleansmart logos may be withdrawn by Cleansmart for any reason at any time without notice.
Don’t forget, after the courses we are always available to offer technical advice whenever you encounter a situation you’re not 100% confident with. You get 12 months free technical support with this course.
There is a great deal more that can go wrong when attempting to clean soft furnishing fabrics – you should definitely not attempt to clean upholstery without first attending a training course! This course will give you all the knowledge you need to clean fabrics safely and to the highest standard.
The Cleansmart upholstery cleaning course costs £85 + VAT, so pays for itself the first time a customer hires you to clean their 3-piece suite. If you have a spray extraction system for carpet cleaning, you already have the equipment needed to clean upholstery.
About the Cleansmart upholstery cleaning course trainer…
Derek is one of the best known and most respected trainers in the carpet cleaning industry with over 40 years experience!
Derek started his cleaning business in July 1969 in the contract cleaning sector. Derek joined the CCA (now the NCCA) in the early seventies and became a Director of the Association shortly afterwards. He has held many of the key rolls within the NCCA including President and Training Director. He was made an honoury member of the NCCA in 2012.
Derek became involved with the 3M Scotchgard programme in 1977 and went on to become the principal instructor and trouble shooter for the Scotchcare UK network. Derek also writes regularly for many of the Trade Magazines.
Reserve your upholstery cleaning course place today:
The cost of the Cleansmart upholstery cleaning course is just £85 + VAT per delegate (or £65 + VAT if you book both carpet and upholstery courses together) Payment is required in advance by credit or debit card.
This course pays for itself the first time a customer hires you to clean their 3-piece suite. If you have a spray extraction system for carpet cleaning, you already have the equipment you need to clean upholstery – so offering upholstery cleaning is a no brainer
If you’d like to book, please ‘add to cart’ at the top of this page
No FAQ’s yet for this item! If you have a question please use the ‘Got a Question’ form on this page